Friday, March 27, 2009

Cali

Day 2: Santa Clara University



This is where I met Mike... I know you're all going "awwww" right now. Going back is always fun. It sparks lots of memories (good, bad, and blurry) and I definitely have more appreciation for how beautiful the campus is.

When my cousin Mikey B. and I were going to school at SCU, my little grandma told us a story about nuns who would stay up all night walking around in a circle in a little room somewhere in the school. She said they would pray night and day for anyone who needed it. We thought grandma was starting to lose it (just kidding grandma!) until we were walking through campus one night with pints of Ben and Jerry's. It's easier to see at night but in the pic below you can make out one of the "nuns" walking around with hands clasped in front of her. Grandma knew what she was talking about after all.

Here's my family posing in front of one of many religious statues on campus. I have no idea who this is, but the scenery is pretty.

Look at how excited Sofi is about being on campus! She can't believe that one day she'll be here on full scholarship helping to win the women's NCAA soccer tourney. Ofelia isn't convinced yet. She's still thinking about UNC.

This is where we graduated. My class was the last to graduate in "the gardens".

My parents sat somewhere in this part of the gardens.

More from our walk.

There's a whole other part of the campus now. For whatever reason every time we go we stick to the parts we used to know. Ahhh, nostalgia.

1 comment:

Kari said...

SCU is probably the most beautiful campus's I have ever been on. One reason I dropped out after orientation, I thought I would get too distracted and fail. It is just as gorgeous as I remember... I should have gone though, maybe I would have met you two earlier :)