Friday, June 12, 2009

Tulum

How hot was it in Tulum? Just ask Pooh (Ofelia's chupon holder). I know this pic is fuzzy, but you can see that his shirt melted.
As far as we could tell Tulum was beautiful. It obviously had a lot of history to it.

But you try pushing 2 kids around in a double stroller in heat that melts plastic on a tour that takes you up and down stairs. We just made up what we thought happened here.
For example, this is the temple from that movie "Apocolypto" where they sacrificed people and then rolled their headless bodies down the stairs. Yes, mom, I'm kidding.
The kiddos didn't complain though. Ofelia was happy to pose with mom for a picture. I'm learning to hold the camera out to take pics of me and the girls cuz no one else (mike) thinks to.
Sofi was fully entertained when she figured out what iguanas were.
Sometimes she seemed to get a little too close.
Oh wait, this is too close! If I had known the guy was going to plop this giant iguana on my shoulder I would have had Mike pose in the picture. No wonder he grabbed the camera so quickly.
Sofi won't touch puppies, but give her an iguana and she's super happy!?

No comments: