Monday, October 13, 2008

2nd Annual Sausage and Taco Party

The fast approaching arrival of Little Unstoppable 'Dos' prompted us to hold another Sausage and Taco party. Get it? You know, cuz we don't know what we're having yet? So anyways, Sofi got to practice her hostess skills again and Mama and Papa got the chance to perfect their BBQing skills. Things seemed to go pretty well. We only lost one member of the baby bunch due to unhappiness, but it seemed to be a pretty fun evening. I still don't know how to do a slide show, but putting the pics like this will give me the chance to narrate.

Here we have Sofi, Mia and Dylan acting very serious.

This is Sofi trying to entertain Steve and Mia with a truck.
Dylan and Sofi trying to figure out how to get out of the loft and into the rain.
Jack Jack, Ricky, and Mia attempting to snack.
Sofi with soon to be godmother Rosemary.
Thanks to the Rifkins we had really good tequila for a toast to me and the newbie.
I love this picture of Ricky, or "Slick Rick the Ruuuler" as Coach Mike likes to call him.
A little adult fun -- I think this is one of the few pictures I have without kids!
This is why there are no kids in that last picture. Tio Tony was kind enough to entertain the remaining two while Mike and I got to catch up with some of our friends. Thanks Tony!
The aftermath was a little overwhelming. We managed to clean most of the chaos up after everyone left. The next morning Sofi pitched in a little to clean up the area where some of her friends ate. Also a great example of why Sofi doesn't have too many toys. I actually had to take the brush and dustpan away from her!?
We had a great time with everyone. Thanks for stopping by to celebrate our growing family. I'm sorry to say that there probably won't be a Sausage and Taco Party next year--not to celebrate another one anyway.

1 comment:

Brian said...

No 3rd annual, WTF!?!

Sorry LT couldn't make it. His stupid dad got sick and ruined the fun. Could of really used one those party favors too...